The Girl Scout Daisies are the first level in the Girl Scouts of the USA. Kindergardeners and first graders are in this level. Daisy Girl Scouts are named after Juliette "Daisy" Gordon Low, the founder of the Girl Scouts.
They typically meet in groups of ten girls with two adult leaders who help the girls plan activities to introduce them to Girl Scouts.
The Girl Scout Daisy SongEdit
I'm a Girl Scout Daisy! Take a look at me.
I'm a Girl Scout Daisy, happy as can be.
We're having fun and sharing,
Each and every day.
I'm a Girl Scout Daisy,
Hip, Hip, Hurray!
The Daisy girls can either have a blue tunic or a vest and they each have a space on it to put their patches. If you have a tunic, the Flower Patch goes in the middle of the tunic with the troop # and the flag in the right side of it and the insignia tab with the World Trefoil Pin and the Girl Scout Daisy Pin on it in the left side. If you have a vest, the Flower Patch goes on the left side with the insignia tab and the pins, and the troop # and the flag on the right side.
Patches and PinsEdit
The Girl Scout Daisies have about 49 types of patches and Pins (not including the fun patches). Here's a list of them all!
Showing You BelongEdit
- American Flag
- Girl Scout Daisy Membership Pin
- Girl Scouts of the USA Identification Strip
- Girl Scout Council ID Strip
- Insignia Tab
- Membership Stars
- Daisy Membership Disc for Stars
- Iron-on Troop Numerals
- USA Girl Scouts Overseas Identification Strip Set (Only if you are a Girl Scout Overseas Troop)
- USA Girl Scouts Overseas Pin (Only if you are a Girl Scout Overseas Troop)
- World Trefoil Pin
Promise Center and Learning Petals/LeavesEdit
Promise Center and Learning PetalsEdit
- Lupe the Lupine, Honest and Fair (Light Blue Petal)
- Sunny the Sunflower, Friendly and Helpful (Yellow Petal)
- Zinni the Zinnia, Considerate and Caring (Light Green Petal)
- Tula the Tulip, Courageous and Strong (Red Petal)
- Mari the Marigold, Responsible for What I Say and Do (Orange Petal)
- Gloria the Morning Glory, Respect Myself and Others (Purple Petal)
- Gerri the Geranium, Respect Authority (Magenta Petal)
- Clover the Clover, Use Resources Wisely (Green Petal)
- Rosie the Rose, Make the World a Better Place (Rose Red Petal)
- Vi the Violet, Be a Sister to Every Girl Scout (Violet Petal)
- Amazing Daisy (Blue Promise Center)
Financial Literacy Leaves Edit
- Money Counts
- Making Choices
Cookie Business Leaves Edit
- Count it Up
- Talk it Up
Journey Leadership AwardsEdit
It's Your World- Change It! : Welcome to the Daisy Flower Garden!Edit
- Watering Can Award
- Golden Honey Bee Award
- Amazing Daisy Award
It's Your Planet- Love It! : Between the Earth and SkyEdit
- Blue Bucket Award
- Firefly Award
- Clover Award
It's Your Story- Tell It! : 5 Flowers, 4 Stories, 3 Cheers for Animals! Edit
- Birdbath Award
- Red Robin Award
- Tula Award
Special Opportunity AwardsEdit
- Bridge to Girl Scout Brownie Award
- Girl Scout Daisy Safety Award
- Cookie Activity Pin
- Girl Scouts Global Action Award
- My Promise, My Faith Award (Year 1)
- My Promise, My Faith Award (Year 2)
- Religous Recognitions Award
- The President's Volunteer Service Award
- World Thinking Day Award
Meritorious Service AwardsEdit
(Only if you are a Girl Scout Overseas Troop)
- Medal of Honor Lifesaving Award
- Bronze Cross Lifesaving Award
Participation Patches and PinsEdit
- Girl Scout Forever Green Patch
- International World Friendship Recognition Pin (Only of you are a Girl Scout Overseas Troop)
- It's Your World- Change It! : Welcome to the Daisy Flower Garden!
- It's Your Planet- Love It! : Between Earth and Sky
- It's Your Story- Tell It! : 5 Flowers, 4 Stories, 3 Cheers for Animals!