- 538,000+ members. It's headquarters are located in London. Girl Guides of the UK is the national Guiding association of the United Kingdom. Girl Guides of the UK was founded in 1910 and currently has
Girl Guides of the UK was founded by Anges Baden-Powell, the sister of Robert Baden-Powell, when many girls tried to join Boy Scouts, a boy-only organization. He chose the name "Guides" because it reminded him of his millitary background.
- Rainbow Guides (ages 5-7)
- Brownie Guides (ages 7-10)
- Guides (ages 10-14)
- The Senior Section (ages 14-25)
I promise that I will do my best,
to think about my beliefs,
and to be kind and helpful.
-Brownies, Guides, and The Senior Section-Edit
I promise I will do my best;
To be true to myself and develope my beliefs,
To serve the Queen and my community,
To help other people and
To keep the Guide Law
1) A Guide is honest, reliable and can be trusted.
2) A Guide is helpful and uses her time and abilities wisely.
3) A Guide faces challenges and learns from her experiences.
4) A Guide is a good friend and a sister to all Guides.
5) A Guide is polite and considerate.
6) A Guide respects all living things and takes care of the world around her